There will be a ton written today about the future.
I truly, honestly do not know what is going to happen, and so much is not in my, or any of our, control.
I don’t want to waste pixels sharing with you how I feel, because probably many of you feel the same.
Instead, I want to tell you what I am going to do—I am going to double my support for Techstars founders, for founders in NYC, and founders in general.
As many you know, I work hard to support the founders. I get behind the founders, give them as much time as they need, and to let them know that I believe in them.
I fundamentally believe that technology and innovation are changing our lives for better.
I believe that we need more founders, more startups, more smart, fearless people starting companies, and solving problems that seem to be impossible.
I also know that the times for startups are tough, and are likely to remain tough for some time. Lack of liquidity in public markets caused a reverse domino effect and many early- stage startups are struggling to raise capital.
So today, I am going to commit to something that is within my control—to double my support for startups and founders.
Specifically, I am going to:
- Work even more closely with the founders to help them with their financings.
- Help founders drive up revenue, achieving profitability and independence.
- Send even more introductions, connect even more people.
- Answer every single email and every single tweet from a founder.
- Meet more founders in NYC and around the world and give feedback.
- Always iterate on my calendar and make more time for the founders.
- Speak at public events in NYC and around the world about entrepreneurship.
- Blog more about topics founders care about and want to read about.
- Publish my (long in the works) book for founders.
I’ve already been doing all of this, but I am going on the record saying I am going to double my efforts.
It is already really tough for startups, and it is likely to remain tough for a while.
In this time of great uncertainty, I am absolutely certain that America needs startups, and America needs innovation.
I am going to do everything within my power to help every single founder, and every single startup I meet.
This is within my control and this is what I am going to do.
Please reach out anytime. My mind, my heart, and my network are open.
Engineer, Immigrant. Vegan. 3x Founder, Managing Partner @2048vc. Previously ran @techstars in NYC. I write #startuphacks: http://alexiskold.net .