Hey, there! My name is Alex Iskold and I am a Tech Entrepreneur and Investor working in New York City. Currently, I am the Managing Director, NYC @ Techstars.
I am a big fan of keeping things simple, so below you can find some highlights about me. You can email me: first dot last @ techstars.com, follow me on Twitter, and see my profile on LinkedIn. Although this write up is pretty dated, its a good overview of part of my personal journey.
My current obsessions include startups, building products, venture capital, books, yoga, running, and red wine. In the past, I’ve obsessed over poetry, teaching, complex systems, engineering, TV, and blogging.
What I’m working on now
- Managing Director, NYC @ Techstars
- Helping create next generation of amazing startups & valuable companies in New York City
- Helping build global network of entrepreneurs around the world
- Advisor to Jukely, weeSpring and Kanvas.
What I’ve worked on in the past
- Founded GetGlue – a leading social TV network. (acquired by i.tv, 2013)
- Created one of the most exciting startups in NYC, backed by Union Square Ventures, RRE Ventures, TimeWarner Investments, Rho Ventures
- Won 2011 Mashable Breakout Startup of the Year (awesome)
- Named to Hollywood Reporter 2012 Digital Power 50 (surreal)
- Started a company called Information Laboratory (acquired by IBM, 2003)
- Built new grid computing technology at DataSynapse (acquired by TIBCO, 2009).
- Contributed hundreds of articles to influential technology blog, ReadWriteWeb.
- Invented software analysis and visualization tool called Small Worlds
- Taught award-winning undergraduate software engineering class at NYU
- Contributed to development of innovative visualization technology called Thinkmap
- Engineered large-scale financial applications for D.E.Shaw & Co. and Goldman Sachs