We are really excited to open up a new role at Techstars NYC for Fall 2015 program – Senior Associate. If you are looking to get in the middle of NYC startup and venture scene this is a great opportunity.
Thank you to KJ Singh for drafting the formal job description below.
Techstars NYC Senior Associate Position
Leading global startup accelerator Techstars is hiring a Senior Associate in New York City. The Senior Associate will be responsible for assisting the Managing Director and Director in administering the New York program. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the Techstars screening process by conducting due diligence and industry research on selected companies
- Responsible for screening committee planning and logistics
- Manage team of Techstars Associates
- Plan and execute Demo Day
- Other ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and a team player. Specifically, we are looking for the following characteristics:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Extensive experience conducting market research to help build a thesis around companies / industries / competition
- At least 2+ years of work experience ideally in a high-growth startup, top tier management consulting firm, or investment banking within the TMT group
We are looking for an immediate hire and the role requires a 6 month commitment. Depending on performance, the role may be extended into 2016. This role is a great opportunity to be in the center of NYC startup and venture community. You will work alongside top entrepreneurs, network with influential angel investors, venture capitalists, and mentors from the Techstars network.
Top-performing former associates have been hired by top VC firms, fast-growing startups, and directly by Techstars for full time opportunities.
To apply, please email your resume or LinkedIn to: kj dot singh @ techstars dot com
Techstars is changing the way startups are built by arming them with a massive interconnected network of amazing founders, mentors, and advisors. Building this amazing network with high quality is our true north, and why we exist. Techstars companies in NYC include Digital Ocean, ClassPass, and Plated. Techstars has accelerated over 600 companies worldwide.