Hey, there! My name is Alex Iskold, and I am a Tech Entrepreneur and Investor working in New York City. Currently, I am a Managing Partner at 2048 Ventures. 2048 Ventures is a first-check investor in companies differentiated through technology.
Here is my contact information.
I am a big fan of keeping things simple, so below you can find some highlights about me.
My current obsessions include startups, building products, venture capital, books, yoga, cooking, running and vegan food. In the past, I’ve obsessed over poetry, teaching, complex systems, engineering, TV, red wine and blogging for ReadWriteWeb.
What I’m working on now
- Co-Founded and building earliest stage venture firm called 2048 Ventures
- Investing in companies differentiated through technology
- Investing in NYC, Boston, and emerging cities like Toronto, Atlanta, Austin, Pittsburgh and others
What I’ve worked on in the past
- Ran Techstars in NYC as a Managing Director, 100 amazing startups.
- Founded GetGlue – a leading social TV network. (acquired by i.tv, 2013)
- Created one of the most exciting startups in NYC, backed by Union Square Ventures, RRE Ventures, TimeWarner Investments, Rho Ventures
- Won 2011 Mashable Breakout Startup of the Year (awesome)
- Named to Hollywood Reporter 2012 Digital Power 50 (surreal)
- Started a company called Information Laboratory (acquired by IBM, 2003)
- Built new grid computing technology at DataSynapse (acquired by TIBCO, 2009).
- Contributed hundreds of articles to influential technology blog, ReadWriteWeb.
- Invented software analysis and visualization tool called Small Worlds
- Taught award-winning undergraduate software engineering class at NYU
- Contributed to development of innovative visualization technology called Thinkmap
- Engineered large-scale financial applications for D.E.Shaw & Co. and Goldman Sachs